new bike, but im thinking of going red...

2 replies to this topic
  • tool

Posted February 26, 2005 - 03:11 PM

my local track (lakewood, colo) is going to have the AMA nationals come through :) , so the jumps are getting huge. well, my 426's suspension just isnt handling the big leaps anymore. so...
a newer, used bike is in order. :) but i havent had the pleasure of riding a YZ450. i have riden both an 04 and 05 CRF450 and both feel basically the same, but both bike are vastly superior to my 426 in every way. basically in the suspension and ergos
how does the 03-05 YZ450's suspension differ from the 04-05 CRF450's? and are the ergonomics different between yamaha and honda?
i love the way yamahas handle, but those crf's are so plush on the big landings, i dont know which would work better for me.
has anyone riden both 450's?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted February 26, 2005 - 03:26 PM

I think both bikes come with pretty decent suspension for stock, but if you like hitting the big jumps then you can always get the shocks revalved/respringed for your riding style. I personally prefer the suspension of a yamaha over the honda, but thats just my opinion. I think if you rode the YZ450 you would like how it lands and handles.

Posted February 26, 2005 - 03:45 PM

See if you can arrange to ride a YZ450F. The suspension is great on the bike, but whatever you get you'll probably need to get the suspension revalved for your specs and riding style. Good luck.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.