Here's what I'm running now...

168 Main
48 Pilot
72 Starter
70 Leak
JD Needle Blue #3

Alititude: 4500-6500' ASL
Temp: mid 50's - mid 60's

The thing that's got me confused is that the Fuel Screw still does nothing! I have the spring, washer and O-ring now, so that's not the issue, and I've never forced it to seat causing any damage to it. If I turn it out more than 2 turns, the engine starts to die, but it runs great fully seated. Do I need a smaller pilot like a 45 or 42 or even smaller? Please God, help me :) ...SC

Clark,

-Try the #45 pilot jet to see if the fuel screw will lower the engine speed when turned in to less than 1 turn. See if the throttle response improves.
-The next step would be to use the red needle in the #5 clip position, which may be more appropriate for the elevation.

Thanks,
James

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Seabass

Posted March 04, 2005 - 04:02 PM

Where do you ride in california?

Red Mountain area, Jawbone/Cal City, Johnson Valley, Blythe

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.