which boots?

2 replies to this topic
  • hurricane jonny

Posted February 26, 2005 - 08:10 AM

Fox Forma Pro or Tech 8's? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted February 26, 2005 - 08:29 AM

Also check out the Gaerne SG10's and the Sidi boots if you're shopping. I've had two pair of Tech 8's and I prefer my Sidi's over the Tech 8's in terms of comfort and protection. I also have a pair of Gaerne SG1's (in Tech 6 class) and they're very comfortable, but the SG10 is what would compare to the Tech 8 boot.

• justicedone

Posted February 26, 2005 - 10:16 PM

I bought a new pair of Oneal Elements a few weeks ago, and went for a 10 block or so ride. They are hard as hell to shift in as they ar so big. I dont know if the XR650L (03) just doesnt have enogh room between the shifter or what. I have a nice pair of Alpinestars I used for my CBR900rr that match my offroad gear well and they are not nearly as bulky and feel perfectly sized for shifting etc. I took a long ride today wearing them, street only. I know they wouldnt be so hot offroading (duh) but has anybody had this problem using MX boots on a XR650L ?

I may end up putting them on Ebay since I probably cant really use them, they are brand new really but I cant return them since they show a very slight sign of peg wear on a 5 min ride.

I know IMS etc make replacement shifters, but havent seen extended ones which would probably help. If anyone has a solution or link thanks in advance.\\

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.