YZ400F tires?

3 replies to this topic
  • YZ400FPower

Posted February 25, 2005 - 08:10 PM

Hi guys,

I have a 99 YZ400F and ride all day when I go out ridding :D . I have 739's front and rear and cant say that im too happy with them ;) :) :) :p :D :D :o . Its like every ride I need a new back tire. The front goes about every 3 rides :D . Do any of you guys have any recommendations on some intermidiate/hard terrain tires for So. Cal riding?

Posted February 26, 2005 - 04:48 PM

my 739 rear wears out really quickly too. it's very disappointing. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted February 26, 2005 - 09:17 PM

I always run the bridgestone tires on my 426. They last a long time compared to some dunlops I ran in the past. I have the Bridgestone M602 on the rear and this is by far the longest lasting tire I have ever used. I cant remember what I got on the front though. But if your in the sand alot, this isnt the best tire for it. I guess thats the price you have to pay, either run the soft compound tires and go through a few sets or put the intermediate/hard pack tires on and suffer in the sand.

• Blue_White_Rider

Posted February 26, 2005 - 10:30 PM

i ve got a yz250 smoker and i almost always runa soft terrain tire front and rear. allmost all my riding is desert. right now i've got a dunlop 752 front and 756 rear. the 752 front has been on for at least 12 rides. the 756 rear about 6. i used to run a 752 rear which i think lasted a little better than the 756. i also think tire pressure may play a part in how long your tire lasts. i usually run 15psi front 14psi rear. that setup works well for me, and i have only pinch flatted once. that was because i landed on a small rock ledge after a jump. :) good luck finding the right combination of tires, they get expensive quick.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.