Help!! Need info on hot start

4 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted February 25, 2005 - 06:23 PM

I was looking over my bike to get it ready to ride this weekend when I found that the hot start cable is broken where it goes into the carb. The black plastic fitting is broken off flush with the carb. (threads are broken off into carb body) The inner cable is still connected, but it looks like it would be a big air leak.

I need to try and get one asap. Do the aftermarket hot starts come with the whole cable or just a thumb lever for the handlebars??

• FFRacing79

Posted February 25, 2005 - 07:39 PM

www.ziptyracing.com

http://zipty.etc.net...-CN-12-B-sm.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wyatt

Posted February 25, 2005 - 07:47 PM

Thanks, I forgot about Zipty. I looked at dubach, but they do not offer that piece.

• 450high

Posted February 27, 2005 - 03:10 AM

You may be able to get the old piece out by heating a screwdriver then pushing it into the broken piece to make a screwdriver slot then pull the screwdriver out letting it cool down for a minute then use it to unscrew.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted February 27, 2005 - 01:32 PM

go to zipty racing. they have what your looking for.

doug

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.