Edelbrock Qwiksilver carburetor for XR650L is finally here!!!

31 replies to this topic
  • HondaXR650L

Posted March 02, 2005 - 05:23 PM

Say buddy, don't you have a Edelbrock :p carburetor? :D :D :o So, how did my dust taste like? :) (By the way thanks for the major help on getting the winning bike, and making it so road worthy!!!) :)

• Tros

Posted March 02, 2005 - 08:01 PM

I'm not trying to sound too confused here buuuut... You guys are stoked that you can buy something for over three hundred dollars and it'll give you two more horsepower? Don't get me wrong, and increase in power is always good, but just how noticeable is two horsepower??

• edssco

Posted March 02, 2005 - 09:21 PM

How much better is this Edelbrock than the stock carb with the recipe ,is it worth $350

• justicedone

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:05 AM

A good pipe and filter adds around 3-5 hp

if this carb adds 2 hp..not too bad

remember the stock hp on a XR650l is like 25-30?

so its a good increase in percentage and likely well worth it and easily felt ')

• Misfit

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:25 AM

My 650L with a big 'ol spoiler on the back, euro lights and nitrous will whoop all your bikes LOL.hehehe :) :)

• XRL_Rider

Posted March 03, 2005 - 10:47 AM

Its all about throttle response for me- Immediate hit with no lag.
Great for the tighter stuff, like getting the front wheel up over logs after a sharp corner.
Plus the gains at higher revs are always welcome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • miguelitro

Posted March 03, 2005 - 12:16 PM

XRL rider- thanks thats what i was wondering, no more burping from no throttle? that has gotten me into troublr more than once. now if ican just get a 650....
Biggity are you there????

• bluerock5

Posted March 08, 2005 - 05:00 PM

:) :p Only 4 left - picked up one just b4 the auction closed, can't wait. :) I'll let you know how easy it is to set up and the how well it runs.

• LumpyXR650L

Posted December 19, 2006 - 04:21 PM

Ok...........It has been a year and 9 months. The suspense is killing me. How was the install and how does it run?? Thanks..Lumpy

• bluerock5

Posted January 20, 2007 - 05:27 AM

Lumpy - here's the low down after over a year. Since the choke is eliminated - all you do is twist the throttle twice and she starts right up - no matter what weather there is. It always runs perfect and is a good reason while I will never sell this bike. She has 10,000 miles since new and never lets me down. The only downside is that you really have to twist the throttle more to get to WOT. I wonder if they make a replacement throttle cam that will allow WOT with not so much twisting on the throttle. The idle adjustment is on a cable that I have hanging off to the side - that if I need/or choose to - can adjust it sitting at a stoplight if need be. Way easy. So much better than the stock carb - and it's bullet proof.

As to the install - done in less than an hour - running the cables was the most time consuming part. The carb was set up perfect from Barnum.

• perry5150

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:06 PM

How Much???

• flyin vee

Posted January 26, 2007 - 04:58 AM

got mine at barnumspro.com for about $400 delivered to my door.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.