Which FMF Pipe?

48 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted March 17, 2005 - 07:16 AM

PC-4 and PC-4 SA are the same pipe except for the spark arrestor(SA) ,the PC-4Q is just that the"Q". the PC-4SA has one of the most free flowing spark arrestors made. and are required(spark arrestors) for all national/state forests :)

• lbubak

Posted March 17, 2005 - 06:40 PM

If it were me I would just get the FMF Q. I also live in California so I know all about the noise level. My brother put one on his 03 Crf 450 and my dad's friend put one on his 03 wr 450. I have an 04 Wr 450 and i was thinking about buying a Q over the summer but I'll just stick to the GYTR insert. My brother researched the pipes and the Q will pass the sound test. Go with the Q and the powerbomd header. You'll be happy

• mjslim

Posted March 17, 2005 - 09:07 PM

Any of you California guys with the Powercore 4 ever been tested by rangers and passed? I'm getting the impression that it might be marginal on 96db even with the quiet insert. Also, I assume you can use the PC 4 with the stock header, no? I'm thinking I'd like to get the PC 4 for desert and then throw the stocker with PMB insert back on for National Forest areas. Is this a reasonable strategy or does the PC 4 need a matching FMF header to realize its potential? :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 18, 2005 - 01:57 AM

Get the PC4 and the quiet core insert. You can always quiet it down even more by squeezing the tip of the quiet core insert down to a smaller effective opening or add a small end cap to the tip. You wont be able to see it form the outside and you can remove it when you want performance. :) Make sure you get the sparky insert as well for Forest trails. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjslim

Posted March 18, 2005 - 07:25 AM

So I take it there are no issues with using the PC4 with a stock header? :)

• ncmountainman

Posted March 18, 2005 - 08:09 AM

it fits the stock header :)

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted March 18, 2005 - 09:44 AM

well i got nothing but good things to say about my power bomb header and powercore 4 muffler, the power core gave a sweet deep sound but was pretty loud, but the power bomb toned it down a little, and performance is great! but dam these bikes run hot! n-e tips on cooling em down, i am about to order a IMS radiator. but im gonna be adding this fluid to my radiator called VP COOL DOWN, it said it gurantees to drop engine temp by 20%?!?! we'll see bout that.

• ncmountainman

Posted March 18, 2005 - 11:49 AM

its probably a surfactant like water wetter,i've been using a product called two2cool oil additive,friction modifier free. safe for wet clutches it really works well. i use it with the new delo400 15-40 and evans waterless coolant. for the first time since i've owned it actually runs cool!! :)

• Treebark

Posted March 19, 2005 - 12:16 PM

I found the PC4 S/A for $219 at motorcycleproshops.com if anyone is looking.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.