wr450 mid-throttle hesitation and airbox "burps"....????

2 replies to this topic
  • thumped_blue

Posted February 24, 2005 - 09:20 PM

I just installed jd kit (170 mj, red needle 3rd clip, 48 pilot) and zip-ty fuel screw. I've done all the free mods and put on a white bros. e2 silencer. I'm getting a hesitation from about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. It feels like the engine is running rough in this range. Also, hear little "burps" or "blips" when idling coming from air box. Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450_James

Posted February 25, 2005 - 11:15 AM

I have a similar issue, to a lesser extent, with mine. A little sputtering but still powerful in the mid range. I'm at red needle #4 165 main stock pilot all the free mods and a Dr. D pipe.

• chipwich

Posted February 25, 2005 - 01:27 PM

If it was running properly prior to the jetting changes, then the following does not apply, but...

If it's at steady state throttle, I.E. something that you would notice on a road, but not under load in the woods, then it might be the TPS issue. I can't really comment on the '05, but on my '04 I had the same issue until I disconnected it. I hadn't noticed it until I did an AMA Dual Sport ride were we had some gravel roads connecting trails. After reading what others had said here, I tried riding with the TPS disconnected, and that smoothed it out nicely. Easy to try if you run out of ideas.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.