ncmountainman.. Do you have the rekluse?

19 replies to this topic
  • NewBlue

Posted February 24, 2005 - 04:24 PM

nc, You seem to be in the know here. Do you have the rekluse auto clutch, and if so, is it worth the money??

• CORKER

Posted February 24, 2005 - 04:45 PM

I don't know about nc but I think it is the best aftermarket part purchase I have made for my bike. The first thing I did when I got my 05 was swap out the rekluse from my 426. Now I will do the free mods.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted February 24, 2005 - 04:49 PM

I just installed one a few weeks back and it's sweet. It really is pretty seamless (off-road spring installed), as you don't notice it when riding ( a good thing). Just shift, brake and steer. For nasty conditions where stalling can leave you in a tought spot it's gold. I'm a lifer for sure...

• ncmountainman

Posted February 24, 2005 - 04:52 PM

heck yah,i was skeptical at first but i won't buy another new bike unless al makes a clutch for it :) you can keep your stock clutch lever with the perch adjuster(thats what i reccomend) its nice to have there when you need it. its just like normal except you spend alot more time goin' fast than worrying about the clutch. you can't stall it if its setup properly(even if you wreck,just pick it up and go!) go for it :)

• NewBlue

Posted February 24, 2005 - 05:09 PM

The tt store has it for about $386 with free shipping. Sounds about as good as I have seen price wise. Thanks

• xcracer123

Posted February 24, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Installed one last month. Trail rode once and then ran the TX GNCC. The best money I have EVER spent on an aftermarket product. Great Tech support from the company too. Spend the dough, you won't regret it! :)

• NuckingFuts

Posted February 24, 2005 - 08:42 PM

I understand the way it works (in theory) but are you guys still using the clutch to go up & down through the gears? I would think not using the clutch would diminish your clutch skills over time (especially when I ride street as well).

Any thoughts?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 24, 2005 - 10:43 PM

NC, I helped my buddy, BigDavey, put one on his WR and for sure it is awesome. I am sure I will get one too but dont know about the perch adjuster as I dont really "get it". Can you, or anyone else, please explain to me why I should spend 100 of my hard earned fun tokens on it. Type slow, I am not the sharpest marble. Thanks in advance.

• ncmountainman

Posted February 25, 2005 - 06:54 AM

the perch adjuster lets you use the clutch lever as a override to the rekluse. i think its indespensible. here's where i use it; finding neutral while the bike is running, starting the bike in gear,while stopped idleing in gear,coming out of a corner(steering with the assend),i've even used it it to control wheel lift on technical hills.easier on the trail adjustment. oh, and you can still power shift. :) its worth the $100 and of course you don't get post partum depression from losing your clutch lever.

• jetdave

Posted February 25, 2005 - 07:11 AM

I will be putting one on my 2005 WR 250. I haven't received it yet and I am wondering what happens to the switch on the clutch lever. I am trying it out on a demo basis and won't have the clutch override. I figure I can add it if I can't live with out it :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NewBlue

Posted February 25, 2005 - 08:32 AM

Does anyone sell the clutch and the perch adjuster as a package deal? It sounds really cool, but $500 bones is a lot of cake for a clutch set-up.

• ncmountainman

Posted February 25, 2005 - 08:59 AM

$100 is what its gonna be . maybe a little less through TT :excuseme:if your any kind of good with the lever now, you'll be wishing you got it if you don't :) clutch pull is almost nothing with it,i've cut my lever down to a nub and use 1 finger to operate it.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 25, 2005 - 01:25 PM

the perch adjuster lets you use the clutch lever as a override to the rekluse. i think its indespensible. here's where i use it; finding neutral while the bike is running, starting the bike in gear,while stopped idleing in gear,coming out of a corner(steering with the assend),i've even used it it to control wheel lift on technical hills.easier on the trail adjustment. oh, and you can still power shift. its worth the $100 and of course you don't get post partum depression from losing your clutch lever.

Thanks NC, I knew I was overlooking some things. :)

• jwriott

Posted February 25, 2005 - 01:44 PM

I've got one in my 04' 300 EXC and had I known how much it helped in the nasty stuff, I would have purchased a CRF450R and installed in that instead of buying another enduro bike.

Even a YZ450F with the 4-speed would probably be just fine off road with the Rekluse.

• gloft

Posted February 25, 2005 - 02:23 PM

About to install one on my 450 and a KTM 520. I'm going with the rear brake lever option since having the bike in gear will not hold it on hills.

• jwriott

Posted February 25, 2005 - 02:54 PM

I have the rear brake option. The guy I bought the bike from installed it for 1 ride then took it off.

I still like having the clutch.

• BigDavey

Posted February 25, 2005 - 06:37 PM

New Blue you should try motoxroads.com. I paid $375 for the clutch and $75 for the adjuster. I also paid $45 in shipping so I still paid the magical $500.00. So far it has been worth every penny. :)

• NewBlue

Posted February 25, 2005 - 07:47 PM

Thanks, I looked there. They were selling the rekluse for $375 plus $6 in shipping for ups ground. It would ony be like $5 more to buy it from tt. I looked at joining worcs, because they receive 20% off. However, you have to buy it from them for $429 less 20%. I think it is selling for about the same in most places. I am going to wait on it though. I only stall mine about once or twice a day, and I can live with that for now. I just bought a pipe, so I have to behave for atleast a little while.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 25, 2005 - 09:10 PM

I just bought a pipe, so I have to behave for atleast a little while.
Today 07:37 PM

Having to behave just sucks, I am in the same boat :)

• BigDavey

Posted February 26, 2005 - 09:19 PM

Once or twice a day is not bad I stalled 13 times in about 6 inches :) . Black_n_blue was kind enough to count for me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.