Quickshot for an '05

1 reply to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted February 24, 2005 - 07:54 AM

I was just perusing the various goodies out there and was wondering if the Quickshot was a worthy add on for my bike. I've got the #40 leak jet on the way, but was curious if the Boyesen add-on would be overkill in addition to the jetting changes. Those with experience, your opinions are most welcome. Gracias...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted February 24, 2005 - 08:35 AM

i'm wondering the same thing,i also have the #40 lj and still on occasion(usually at the most inopportune time) i'll grab some throttle,usually 1st gear in the tight stuff and it'll just quit (maybe once every other ride) very annoying :) it pretty much boils down to that;the valves are in spec(just set)its jetted correctly,i clean the pj/mj/lj every time i'm in there,idle is as high as i can go, a rekluse clutch,steahly flywheel,ICAT,irridium plug. all of these things helped immensely(it used to happen on a regular basis) so its either an ign flaw or AP?? the only other thing it could possibly be is the kill switch? if anyone else experiences this trouble let us know if the thing works or not? i've seen a couple people say it works and one said it didn't?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.