Need help quick! 05 WR450 jetting ?'s

1 reply to this topic
  • thumped_blue

Posted February 23, 2005 - 11:18 PM

I need a starting point for how to jet my 05 wr450. I should be receiving my JD kit and zip-ty fuel screw tomorrow. I'm going to Ocotillo Wells (sealevel) this weekend and hope I can have my jetting dialed in before I leave. I want to nail it first time (don't we all). I have changed throttle screw (yz), installed ais removal kit (thanks, Lowedog), cut gray wire, removed airbox snorkle and added white bros. vent plugs on right side of airbox, put on a white bros. E2 slip-on silencer(w/baffle). All my jetting is stock at the moment. I live at 1200' elevation, usually 70-90 degrees, usually dry (it's raining now though). Most of my riding will be at sealevel up to 4000'. I have gathered lots of info form TT forums and here's
what my initial plan is: 170 mj, red needle 3rd or 4th clip, 48 pilot. Am I headed in the right direction? Should I do something or not do somthing that I am planning? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
*...also posted in jetting forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450_James

Posted February 24, 2005 - 12:38 AM

Sure are. I ride in Ocotillo my self and have very similar setup on my 05 wr450 as yours aside from I'm running Dr. D's exhaust. As per Indy_450's suggestion I'm running the Red needle @ #4 and a 165 main jet. I was going to try the 170 main to see how it worked at some point. I still have the stock pilot but I'll be putting in the 48 soon.

I started off with the JD instructions recommendation of blue needle @ #3 position but that didn't work well for me. :)

Zipty screw is about 1 3/4 turns out. Careful when removing the stock screw to save the spring, washer, and o-ring. You don't want to loose them. You'd be :p

At these setting this bike is outrageous! Tons of torque. :)

I haven't ridden at a higher elevation yet so I'm not sure how these settings will work there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.