TRY THIS

1 reply to this topic
  • kiwiwr400

Posted August 12, 2001 - 04:41 PM

loosen front axle pinch bolts , remove brake line plastic guard, loosen axle nut. fit corect size allen key ( inhex socket ) and use rotate axle. Look for bottom fork leg movement ( looking in from the front of bike lets you have a better view of the movement between the axle and the axle to fork leg mounting).There shouldn't be any movement or twisting of fork leg whilst rorating axle.
remove front axle and check for striaghtness.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kiwiwr400

Posted August 12, 2001 - 04:52 PM

I have dailed my front axle and it's within allowable limits as per/manfact, spec's. But when i reinstall and check as described as above there in to much movement......THIS MUST INCREASE STICKSION
Any comments would be welcome

GO HARD OR GO HOME

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.