E-series and Melting Reservoir

3 replies to this topic
  • tgodwin

Posted February 23, 2005 - 04:30 PM

HI all-
I bought a used 99 WR400 with a series 1 E-series exhaust. I bolted it on today and noticed the rear brake reservoir was melted and distorted. I have about a 1/2 inch gap between the pipe and the reservoir. Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

I gave it a quick run around the block and noticed the reservoir was leaking. I planning on fabbing in a heat shield with some reflective tape, not sure if it will work.

The bike seems to have a bit more pep with the pipe on though.

• tgodwin

Posted February 24, 2005 - 11:04 AM

Anyone got a photo showing a rear vies of te e-series exhaust outlet and the plastics around it? I read about someone else having plastics melting, but I'd like to see how others line up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tgodwin

Posted February 24, 2005 - 11:12 AM

OK. Did another search and turned this jewel of information up:
Answer Thread
The answer is in header tape and spacers on the reservoir and the pipe.
I love this place :) :) If I could just get better at searching....

• motodude42

Posted February 24, 2005 - 06:54 PM

Glad to be of some assistance. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.