bk mod

5 replies to this topic
  • benuk

Posted February 23, 2005 - 08:49 AM

does the bk mod make your bike harder to start from cold :)

• saucebox

Posted February 23, 2005 - 02:21 PM

whats the bk mod?

• Satch0922

Posted February 23, 2005 - 05:30 PM

It could cause it to start "harder" because it is not dumping as much fuel into the engine. Try changing your starting routine and experiment with a few "blips" of the throttle before you start kickin. Worked great for me.

As for what the BK mod is read this...

Motoman393's Article on the BK MOD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • benuk

Posted February 24, 2005 - 02:38 AM

yes thats along the lines that i was thinking i thought if you gave the bike a couple of blips it allways starts first time but now the bk mod is done you dont get the fuel there like you would before :) so i was thinking if that would make it harder to start :) did anyone else notice any probs with starting after they had done this mod and if so how do you start your bike now :p

• Wyatt

Posted February 24, 2005 - 08:32 AM

I have never had to touch the throttle to start either of my YZF's. It's all about having the pilot circuit jetted corectly. I had the BK mod on my '01 with great results.

• YamaGeek

Posted February 24, 2005 - 03:16 PM

It could cause it to start "harder" because it is not dumping as much fuel into the engine. Try changing your starting routine and experiment with a few "blips" of the throttle before you start kickin. Worked great for me.

I wouldn't think the BK mod would change starting fuel mixture at all if you don't presently touch the throttle. :) You are modifying the accel pump which only comes pumps fuel when you twist the throttle. If you don't twist the throttle now when you start you are not adding fuel. If you do twist the throttle now when you start you probably will need more twist to get the same fuel in after the BK mod.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.