Where have all the Mobil Red Cap Gone?

4 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted February 22, 2005 - 07:38 PM

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to get my oil, as I do quite often. How often should it be changed? I go for every 150 miles or so. I run it pretty hard. Anyway, they don't carry Mobil1 Synthetic with the red cap anymore.... What retailer carries it? Or is it safe to use another synthetic oil?

• mtrablue

Posted February 22, 2005 - 08:12 PM

do a search on red cap. mobil has replaced it. alot of places pulled it. if you can't find any left overs now, your not going to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 23, 2005 - 05:07 AM

Just use the mobil MX4T 10W40 made for our bikes! :) I use it but it is expensive! :)

• Houligan

Posted February 25, 2005 - 03:00 PM

I was at NAPA and Autozone stores yesterday. Both had it on the shelf, and neither said they had any supply problems.

• blireef

Posted February 26, 2005 - 08:56 AM

Amsoil 20/50 or 10/40 m/c oil works really well too. I've used Amsoil in all of my machinery for 15 years (including all my commercial fishing boats) I've never been anything but happy with it and the price is a little less I think. my2cents.. Big Jim

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.