05 WR450F Magnetic Oil Plug

5 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted February 22, 2005 - 02:04 PM

Is is worth getting one, and if so who makes them? Does Rockymountain have one?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 22, 2005 - 02:07 PM

Yes. I always have a little metal fuzz on the tip when I change the oil. Rahter catch it then have it run through the engine. :)
Zip Ty is very popular with a large magnet. You can get it from www.ziptyracing.com

• qadsan

Posted February 22, 2005 - 02:39 PM

I have them on all my bikes and they can easily be made for under a dollar by drilling the stock drain plug and epoxying + pressing in a neodymium rare earth cylinder magnet. You'll see a grey slime build up on the magnet and you might sometimes see tiny flakes or fuzz on it. If you wipe off the grey slime from the magnet with a paper towel, you'll find its magnetic. If you don't have the time, equipment or don't want to make one, then as Indy said, the ZipTy plug is popular and a good choice. The ZipTy plugs also come anodized for that extra bling factor :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motodude42

Posted February 22, 2005 - 02:41 PM

This forum has cost me more money in the last 4 or 5 years. People just post links, I go to them, and whip out the old credit card... Anyway, Just purchased a magnetic drain plug from ZipTy. :)

• nevadaoutlaw

Posted February 22, 2005 - 03:14 PM

I didn't have the time or the neodymium rare earth cylinder magnet to make my own magnet bolt. So I purchased the bolt from Zip Ty.

I am glad I have you guys to convience me that spending $25 (bolt + shipping) is a good idea. It helps ease the pain. :)

• qadsan

Posted February 22, 2005 - 03:49 PM

...I am glad I have you guys to convience me that spending $25 (bolt + shipping) is a good idea. It helps ease the pain. :)

If you would have bought 10 of them from the TT store at $15.26 each, you would have received free shipping and reduced your total unit cost to $15.26 since there's no tax on the stuff coming from TT to Cali :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.