International Motorcycle brockers

4 replies to this topic
  • SteadyEddy

Posted February 22, 2005 - 12:53 PM

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with these guys before?
There prices onces converted to Australian dollars is still a lot cheaper then buying over here,
eg WR450 05 model for $5999 :)

http://www.motorcycl....com/index.html

Cheers

• mousemeat

Posted February 22, 2005 - 01:01 PM

I bought my '04 WR450 off them. Was about £1000 cheper than buying here. The guy on the phone is pretty unfriendly, but the bike got here real quick as soon as i sent the money. Make sure you have the couriers sort out any import/tax documentation if you want to get the bike on the road.

The shipping fees only cover getting it to the port/airport, not local delivery or getting it through customs. That cost a bit extra, but was still worth it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteadyEddy

Posted February 22, 2005 - 01:06 PM

. Make sure you have the couriers sort out any import/tax documentation if you want to get the bike on the road.

So if done correctly I can still get rego on it, :p :)
wait till the boys here about this one :)

It converts to about $8K aus dollars not including delivery, over here they retail about $11K

• Gadsen

Posted February 22, 2005 - 02:16 PM

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with these guys before?
There prices onces converted to Australian dollars is still a lot cheaper then buying over here,
eg WR450 05 model for $5999 :)

http://www.motorcycl....com/index.html

Cheers

Bought my 04 WR450F from them. saved me $1000! Went good. Zachs people skills are rough, but knowing that going it, yo'll be OK. He is a straight shooter, you'll get what you paid for for the price listed plus shipping.

• mousemeat

Posted February 23, 2005 - 03:24 AM

I have rego on mine, but i am in the UK. Check with the local authorities about registration of imported vehicles and registration of off road bikes and see how they interact. The EU has special exemptions for bikes with more than 300mm of ground clearance.

Driving a WR450 around london is terribly stupid and impractical but really fun. People don't bat an eyelid at an R1 or a Ducati, but people see you riding an uncorked WR450 and look at you like you are nuts.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.