99 wr400 to loud?

1 reply to this topic
  • hane9272

Posted February 22, 2005 - 11:42 AM

I've got a 99 wr400 with a stock head pipe and the power core4 exhaust, I went down to the police station this morning and tested the noise level and the db's were around 110 at 20", does this sound right? The db's must be below 99 @ quarter throttle to pass inspection to ride some of the enduros, am I gooing to have to go back to stock? Please help...... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 99wr400

Posted February 22, 2005 - 03:53 PM

that sounds a bit loud... I have the same setup, and I haven't been ticketed or even stopped by a "ranger" for My bike being too loud, and In california, the legal limit is 96decibels. Try cleaning out and repacking your muffler to see if that helps, I think the sound metering thing was off... Race pipes only get about as loud as 105 db's.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.