wr450f 05 conversion to street legal

5 replies to this topic
  • amangiapane

Posted February 22, 2005 - 11:06 AM

Has anyone converted a 05 wr450 and if so will the headlight accept a dual filament bulb or will I have to replace the housing and same with the rear

thank you

• RichBaker

Posted February 22, 2005 - 03:48 PM

It already has a dual-filament bulb.....taillight too! :)

• amangiapane

Posted February 23, 2005 - 12:02 PM

thank you i looked at the bike last night and i seems to be pretty easy to convert

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chipwich

Posted February 23, 2005 - 10:30 PM

Does anyone have a fix for the headlight getting dim when the rear brake (i have installed a rear brake banjo bolt switch on my '04) is applied? I tried an LED rear bulb, but it is too dim during normal running to be of much use. Back to stock bulb and the dimming headlight on rear brake apply.

Thanks

• RichBaker

Posted February 24, 2005 - 10:04 AM

it's normal if you're at idle....just like old MOPARs.

• timcook

Posted February 24, 2005 - 04:15 PM

The stator was never designed to provide power beyound the stock bulb. It can be mod'ed to combine the AC and DC windings to provide full DC to the headlamp and taillamp. Mine was mod'ed by BD and I was not too impressed(not worth $30 plus freight!) :) . I took photos of them yesterday to post them here to show others the mod. I need help in how to post them though..... :p :D :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.