01 WR426 vs New MX or 05WR

1 reply to this topic
  • havinfun

Posted February 22, 2005 - 08:34 AM

I have been thinking about updating my ride from a 01WR426 to a 05WR450, YZF450 or a CRF 450R. I do 50% competitive trail riding, 25% riding with my 7 yr old (CRF50) and 3 yr old (Jr 50) and 25% MX. I like MX riding but feel the bike is too heavy for this action. Others tell me I would not be happy with a YZF or CRF 450 on tight trails jumping logs and creeks.

Has anyone rode MX on the 05 WR450? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwriott

Posted February 22, 2005 - 08:54 AM

I think you'd be happy with the YZ or CRF if you put a Rekluse into either one. The WR450 is still going to feel heavy for motocross.

I decided to go the 300 EXC route for now to solve basically the same problem. I'm all grins. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.