inverted forks on a kdx 220

9 replies to this topic
  • bwil23108

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:35 PM

hey i was thinking about getting a kdx 220 but one of the big turnoffs was that it dident have inverted forks and i was wondering if it was even possible to put some on and how much all that would cost , thanks

• Yamaha_85

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:40 PM

Yes it is possible. But might set you back a bit.

• allan68

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:56 AM

Why do you want inverted forks on a trail bike?
They are much more likely to be damaged than standard forks.
Kdx's used to come with inverted forks, in the mid '90's, and they went back to standard.
Inverted forks do not necessarily mean better suspension.
JMHO

Al

• ncmountainman

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:20 PM

less moving mass = better reaction. on the inverted forks the heaviest part doesn't move. i ride the $hit out of my bike through the woods(including many get offs) and have yet to damage them.

• 2stickin

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:51 PM

At one point Scott Summers took a CRF and did the exact opposite. He took off the inverted forks and put on XR650 type forks. He even showed up at a GNCC with this setup.

• bwil23108

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:34 PM

thanks for yalls replies, im just a newb when it comes to suspension and i just figured it would handle climbs and ledges better when just the tire moves instead of the whole bike

• SC_Spode

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:55 PM

We apparently have a WP engineer among us.

:)

• ebeck

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

Look in the Kawasaki 2 stroke forum. This has been done alot. There are several ways to do it. I did it with a CRF230 last year. Pretty easy to do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• KDXer

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

www.kdxrider.net is the place you want to check out, lots of conversions have been posted there, register there to get the good stuff. Usually conversions cost $200-400 depending on your Ebaying and mechanic skills. The only regret I have is not doing the conversion earlier.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• KTM-Lew

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:29 AM

We apparently have a WP engineer among us.

:applause:

LMAO! :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.