Stop screwed

3 replies to this topic
  • wayneoXCF

Posted August 11, 2001 - 08:03 AM

Ordered the YZ stop screw, got it, and it seemed kind of long. Took out the shortened screw, which measured approx 23mm, which I believe is the correct length. Measured the new screw, which is part # 5GS-14591-00, and its approx 1-1/4 " long. I believe that is the original length of the stock screw. I let the parts fool find the #, it was off the # I got here @ TT, and it cant be right. Moral of the story: NEVER LET SOME FOOL TELL YOU WHAT PART TO ORDER!

• Dennis'_WR426

Posted August 13, 2001 - 12:42 PM

Sooooooooooo does anyone know the correct part number?
Dennis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueThunder

Posted August 13, 2001 - 09:26 PM

Why order the throttle stop screw if you had a WR screw shortened to the correct length of 23mm ? Redundant, since they both accomplish the same task ? :)

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 13/50 gears w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Ty Davis Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide and buffer

• wayneoXCF

Posted August 14, 2001 - 01:48 PM

Bluethunder-
I wanted to be sure about the correct length. Some guys cut it down to 27mm, others to 22mm. I heard too many different opinions, so thats why I blew the 13 bucks trying to get the right length. Im currently using a screw thats 22mm long, and I dont hear the WFO babbling, so I think Im cured.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.