WR450F vs. CRF450X

3 replies to this topic
  • phd

Posted February 21, 2005 - 12:05 PM

Has anybody had the chance to ride and compare the CRF and the WR? If so please advise, as I am trying to decide which one I want.

Thanks

• xcracer123

Posted February 21, 2005 - 12:22 PM

What I can tell you is that the WR will be MUCH more reliable. No issues with valves. They haven't addressed the problem from the CRF on the CRFX. Everyone I know that has owned a CRF has had issues with the valves and overheating problems. A guy I ride with has had a CRF, KTM 450, and now owns a Yamaha. He's been the most pleased with the blue bike. Hope this helps you in your decision.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 21, 2005 - 12:46 PM

The CRF handles tight woods way better! :) Needs flywheel, lower gearing, soften the suspension and it is the best handling 450 on the market!
You need a new piston & rings often, new valves and adjustments very often. If you ride a lot buy 2 while one of the engines is being rebuilt you can ride the other. :)

• SteadyEddy

Posted February 21, 2005 - 01:36 PM

If you ride a lot buy 2 while one of the engines is being rebuilt you can ride the other. :)

That sums it up in a nut shell :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.