WR400 rebuild

1 reply to this topic
  • TZ426

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:19 AM

Hi all, I just found this site and have some questions.

I have a TZ250 chassis, yamaha 426 motor hybrid roadrace bike. I got a WR400 motor in pieces along with the bike. The previous owner said the 400 motor needed a crank assembly, piston kit and the cylinder resleeved. Is rebuilding this motor something I can do or should I have someone else do it? If so, who? Also, what else should be checked/replaced during the rebuild? Should I bump it to 420cc? Where should I get the parts?

Also, what should be checked in the 426 motor as preventative maintenance?

TIA,
Thomas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:40 AM

I highly recommend you have a profeesional rebuild her. valves and valve seats, cylinder boring and coating are not for your average garage mechanic.
You can take it all apart and send the head and jug out but the crank is a pain to get back into the cases! Have a pro do it if you can afford it. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.