Fork Revalve. Too Tech?

3 replies to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted February 21, 2005 - 10:29 AM

Two questions. Is it ok to start with the forks and do the shock later? I wasn't sure if doing the front would put the bike out of balance?

Also, has anyone used Too Tech Suspension in Torrance, CA?

• qadsan

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:52 AM

You should be fine doing the forks first and the shock later in terms of a revalve. If however you're changing the spring rate in the front, then you may want to consider changing the rear spring rate at the same time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x thread

Posted October 03, 2005 - 08:17 PM

had a friend get his done there for a 02 426 says he likes it one week turn i took mine to esp george the owner nice guy and well known .worked for scotts long time 1-818-249-6744

• Dave102429

Posted October 05, 2005 - 11:53 AM

As qadsan said, you can revalve the front now and revalve the rear later, but if you're going to install new front springs, you better do the rear spring too or the bike will be out of balance. But if you're going to go through all the trouble now, just spend the extra money and revalve the rear too and be done with it.

Before I had the suspension done on my XR650R, I called Too Tech. I told him my bike is stock, I weigh 220 with gear, and wanted stiffer springs and a revalve. He went into some rant about checking the race/static sag in order to determine if the stock springs are stiff enough for my weight. Now...anyone who knows anything about the XR650 knows the stock springs are great if you don't weigh more than 170 pounds. I gave up on the guy.

Then I called Rob Barnum. http://www.barnumspro.com He set me up right, told me extactly what I need, did a great job, and educated me on other aspects of the XR650R. I was one happy customer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.