XR600 desert tanks

3 replies to this topic
  • StevePSD

Posted February 21, 2005 - 10:03 AM

Looking for a larger tank for my '87 XR600, but don't want something that is so big/wide that makes it a a bigger pig than it already is - especially knee room.

I have not seen any of these tanks, so looking for comments on them. Anyone have pics?

I also noticed that Clark makes a 5.0 and IMS makes a 4.0 and 4.7 gal tanks. I noticed that IMS says that it tanks fit all years, but the Clarke lists two different tanks for '87 & older/'88 & newer. I know the seats/side covers are different starting with '88.

Thanks for any help.

• Mantrasonica

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:00 AM

I just put the Clarke 5.0 on my 87. The only reason I bought it was because it was the cheapest new tank I could find. No complaints at all. Its definitely bigger though. Makes the bike look even beefier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StevePSD

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:40 AM

How wide is the tank, especially where your legs/knees go? Do you have any pics of it installed?

• AzMtnThumper

Posted February 22, 2005 - 04:29 AM

I had a IMS 4.9 on my 93. I found the tank to be somewhat wider near the knee area, but not a whole lot. Most of the extra capacity come from the upper portion of the tank being taller (area under the gas cap). After a couple of rides I was used to the extra girth.

Posted Image

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  57 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.