New WR450F

2 replies to this topic
  • Charles R. Duett

Posted February 20, 2005 - 09:01 AM

I picked up a new Californiaized (AIS system) WR450F yesterday. I have an 03 WR250F that I had the shop uncork/grey wire/re-jet/etc. Pardon my ignorance (I have been riding an XR600R for the last 5 years) but what do I need to unplug/rejet/gut from the airbox to make make her be all she can be.

For any jetting reccomendations - I ride Hungry Valley California which is at an altitude of between 3000 and 6000 feet.

I ride patrol as a volunteer 8 hours a day on weekends so while I want the WR to be in top tune, I need something that is managable and will not wear me out in a few hours.

So far I have only ridden the girl about ten minutes (it is raining cats and dawgs and promises to do so through next Wednesday) but I am already in love with the girl. The XR and I go way back and I shall miss her but she can't hold a candle to the WR. :)

Chuck Duett

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GasAHolic

Posted February 20, 2005 - 12:18 PM

Congrats on the new bike. Here some info to get you started. And do a search using WR450 jetting to get more info. :)

• jasilva

Posted February 20, 2005 - 01:20 PM

Go to ThumperFAQ pretty much all the 250F mods apply to the 450F.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.