05 breather pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted February 20, 2005 - 03:14 AM

I notice on the 05 wr450 the breather pipe go's into air filter box, unlike the 04, would it be a good idea to remove it form there and have it go down the same as the 04 so it is not sucking hot air. :)
Nitros oxide work by putting extremly cold air into the motor which gives more horses (I think)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2005 - 04:46 AM

No you want that Mod! For deep water crossings if you stall you wont suck up water like the 03 and 04's would when starting it up again. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted February 20, 2005 - 05:08 AM

No you want that Mod! For deep water crossings if you stall you wont suck up water like the 03 and 04's would when starting it up again. :)

Good point Indy, but how about a one way valve installed on on the pipe?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2005 - 06:23 AM

Bad idea. The breather needs air flow in both directions to keep oil flow going through your bike frame and engine properly. I would not recommend the one way valve. Too risky in my opinion. :)

• gregwr450f

Posted February 20, 2005 - 06:30 AM

Thanks Indy,
That puts that idea to rest :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.