Is frame oil screen washer reusable?

10 replies to this topic
  • NuckingFuts

Posted February 19, 2005 - 11:49 PM

Is the oil frame screen washer a 'crush' washer or a reusable normal washer. (02' WR426)

If anyone has reused it did oil seep out?

Muchas Gracias!

• gregwr450f

Posted February 20, 2005 - 02:42 AM

Is it fibre or brass :)

• NuckingFuts

Posted February 20, 2005 - 08:01 AM

By the looks of the perimeter of the washer is a regular ol' washer. But, Ive seen washers that are half alloy and half brass. I dont have an extra one so I dont want to change the oil unless I can either reuse it or have another on hand.

Was gonna ride today but I guess I'll wait to make sure before wasting oil.

If you are confused as to what washer Im talking about, it goes between the oil strainer and frame.

• mousemeat

Posted February 20, 2005 - 08:05 AM

i have always re-used it and havent had any problems.

I have never found anything in it and nor met anyone who has.

If this is your first oil change, then re-used it. If you have checked the strainer before, then don't bother.

• NuckingFuts

Posted February 20, 2005 - 08:08 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racing227

Posted February 20, 2005 - 09:58 AM

I reuse it everytime since i have the bike and no leak :p

Just have a problem with it: the torque value of the strainer :) At 65 in/po, it' s way to tight. I' m affraid to torque it at this value :D Max 40 in/po :)

• gregwr450f

Posted February 20, 2005 - 02:53 PM

Same with mine, a real PIA to get off, nothing in it anyway.

• NuckingFuts

Posted February 20, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Just finished pulling it off and what a bear to get off!!! AND THERE WASNT ANYTHING IN IT....GRRRRR! :)

Oh well, fresh oil to rip! :)

Thanks again!

• mousemeat

Posted February 21, 2005 - 01:14 AM

Just finished pulling it off and what a bear to get off!!! AND THERE WASNT ANYTHING IN IT....GRRRRR! :)

THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANYTHING IN IT!

• Gadsen

Posted February 21, 2005 - 07:53 AM

Is the oil frame screen washer a 'crush' washer or a reusable normal washer. (02' WR426)

If anyone has reused it did oil seep out?

Muchas Gracias!

Technically, no, in reality, yes.

• NuckingFuts

Posted February 21, 2005 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, it wasnt until I pulled it off that I realized it was a crush washer......which I never re-use.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.