04 YZ450F cutting out in 4th

9 replies to this topic
  • tuekwik

Posted February 19, 2005 - 10:22 PM

It only does it when I'm in 4th gear. I can redline 1,2,3, and no cutting out once I hold the throttle steady in 4th it starts to cut out really bad. I can punch it and it wont cut out but as soon as hold the throttle steady it starts to cut out. Any ideas? thanks. :)

• yz426onNOS

Posted February 19, 2005 - 11:51 PM

Tps? Maybe it's going bad. :)

• yz450fensenada

Posted February 20, 2005 - 02:01 AM

that happened to me too !! on my yz450f , 2004.. it happened on the highway when i was goin to the track i couldnt keep a steady throttle position and i changed the jets and runs great i think it was cause im at sea level or something ike that but its jetting

• tuekwik

Posted February 20, 2005 - 03:10 PM

which jets did you install ? thanks.

• tom_dappert

Posted February 21, 2005 - 06:21 AM

I'm running the James Dean kit with the stock pipe, and the stock pilot jet. Run the recommended main jet/ needle and clip pos. per your alltitude and it should run sweet. Mine runs crisp as hell. It's well worth the $$$ imho.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • riderman329

Posted February 21, 2005 - 01:51 PM

I'm running the James Dean kit with the stock pipe, and the stock pilot jet. Run the recommended main jet/ needle and clip pos. per your alltitude and it should run sweet. Mine runs crisp as hell. It's well worth the $$$ imho.

how much does the jd jet kit run??

and does it still work good on after market pipes??

• yz450fensenada

Posted February 21, 2005 - 08:57 PM

oooh man i dont know
what jet i put in there sorry !! i took it to the mechanic and he put another one in there and messed with the carb alil and now its puuuuuuuurfect ! :)

• tuekwik

Posted February 22, 2005 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the info, a buddy of mine also recommended the James Dean as well.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 23, 2005 - 05:31 AM

Just cut back on the main. You are just slightly rich. Cutting out under more load is normal in higher gears and not lower ones if you are just slightly rich. :)

• tuekwik

Posted February 24, 2005 - 02:26 PM

thanks for the info will try cutting back on the main. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.