Anybody here subscribe to Dirt Bike Mag?

22 replies to this topic
  • SkyRaider

Posted February 19, 2005 - 08:00 PM

I haven't received my March issue yet, and I saw it this evening in the local Barnes & Noble. It has a pretty good review of the '05 WR450.

Have any of you received this issue yet? I also haven't received my SI Swimsuit Issue, either. I'm starting to think that my mail carrier or someone in my neighborhood also loves dirt bikes and scantily clad women. Whoever it is needs to buy their own magazines.

• Gadsen

Posted February 19, 2005 - 08:24 PM

I haven't received my March issue yet, and I saw it this evening in the local Barnes & Noble. It has a pretty good review of the '05 WR450.

Have any of you received this issue yet? I also haven't received my SI Swimsuit Issue, either. I'm starting to think that my mail carrier or someone in my neighborhood also loves dirt bikes and scantily clad women. Whoever it is needs to buy their own magazines.

Well, I just subscribed my grandson to it, was only $12 for a year, thats a dollar an issue. And if you go 2 years, its only $20, killer deal! . I did buy this months off the newstand because off all the test on the 450's etc. I also bought this months Motoctross Action, its also full of bike test. I bought myself a 2 year subscription to the Motocross Action and it does say to allow 6 to 8 weeks, so be patient!

• SkyRaider

Posted February 19, 2005 - 08:40 PM

I've been a subscriber for about 6 months. There shouldn't be a delay. Wouldn't you know it. The one issue I'm waiting for, and it apparently gets lost in the mail. If I don't get it early next week, I'll just buy it at B&N.

• Gadsen

Posted February 19, 2005 - 09:01 PM

Tell them you never received it. They must have a customer service number. The newstand price is $4.99!

• jasilva

Posted February 19, 2005 - 09:37 PM

If it happens more than once or with multiple subscriptions you need to notify the post office. They will put a trace on your subscriptions to make sure no one is swiping them. It happens once in a while and the Postal Service frowns on employees using subscriptions as their own personal library.

Joe

• RCannon

Posted February 20, 2005 - 06:01 AM

You guys, I know your excited to read the test. If you want , I can summarize it for you.

"""We craved the handling. The bike came alive when we added the 900.00 dollar ..... to the bike. ""

Seriously, the test is almost not worth reading. I subscribe as well, but Dirt Bike magazine has taken a real dump in the past few years.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2005 - 06:32 AM

I agree. :p I have a subscription but the quality of the articles is going downhill. :)
They spend less and less time testing and riding and then come up with pointless results. :)
All the mags are turning into infomercials with no independent thought or insight! :o ;) :D
TT has more insight on the aftermarket products, bike set up and ride reports than any of the so called dirt mags! :D

• SkyRaider

Posted February 20, 2005 - 07:02 AM

Indy, have you received the March edition?

I called their customer service last week, and they said it should (have) be in by yesterday. I'll wait a couple of more days.

I think their articles are ok. They seem to spend more time on motocross, and every other issue, if not more, has an article about the Honda 250X. I usually read it cover to cover in about an hour, but I still like it.

• basicblues

Posted February 20, 2005 - 07:28 AM

Alright this subject hits my petpeeve. I subscribe to several magazines not all being motorcycle. A subscriber should be considered a "preferred customer" and should receive "priority delivery". I usually get pissed when I see the issue on the newsstands before it arrives in my mailbox. Granted people who live closer to the publication source should receive their issue sooner. These magazines need to take care of their customers and do a "time in transit" study to make sure delivery to preferred customers is on time and before newstand issue. It's certainly not about the money for me, not all of their issues are worth having to begin with. If at least decent service is not provided by these publishing company's, I'll sometimes not renew my subscription, buy the issues worth reading, have them sooner and renew my subscription at a better deal when the beg you to subscribe again and then start the whole process over again.

• snmhanson

Posted February 20, 2005 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, it's one of my huge pet peeves also. And it happens with almost every magazine I subscribe to. I think what the problem is is that Barnes & Nobles and other book stores are their real preferred customers since they carry so many subscriptions. Single subscription subscribers come second and are really the magazines only other customer. So in a sense I guess we are not really preferred customers at all but rather the bottom of the barrel for them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2005 - 09:36 AM

Indy, have you received the March edition?

Hell I have not even got the February edition yet! My delivery is very speratic! I have to call and get issues resent all the time! :)

• RCannon

Posted February 20, 2005 - 09:49 AM

The only way to get dirt bike or mxa quickly is to convince them your a motorcycle shop. Dealers get their magazines two weeks before newsstands and a week before subscribers. I suppose this is so people will go to the local shop to see the new magazine.

Subscribe in your pets name, followed by Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha.
It works every time.

or subscribe with your pets name followed by MD. They will then sell your name as a doctor. You'll get tons of free magazines because they think you will put them in your waiting room.

My dog got a disocver card offer as well. His interest rate offer was better than mine!

• jasilva

Posted February 20, 2005 - 12:09 PM

The only way to get dirt bike or mxa quickly is to convince them your a motorcycle shop. Dealers get their magazines two weeks before newsstands and a week before subscribers. I suppose this is so people will go to the local shop to see the new magazine.

Subscribe in your pets name, followed by Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha.
It works every time.

or subscribe with your pets name followed by MD. They will then sell your name as a doctor. You'll get tons of free magazines because they think you will put them in your waiting room.

My dog got a disocver card offer as well. His interest rate offer was better than mine!

:D :D :thumbsup: :) :p :D :D :o ;) :D I spit my lunch on the screen when I read your last line. :)

Joe

• jaggley

Posted February 21, 2005 - 05:23 AM

I think Dirt Bike has only four issues a year, it is not monthly.

• SkyRaider

Posted February 21, 2005 - 07:48 AM

Dirt Bike is a monthly magazine. The March edition is out, I just haven't received it yet.

• bottomfeeder2

Posted February 21, 2005 - 08:28 AM

If you're only getting it four times a year, then your mailman is stealing the other eight issues.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:23 AM

12 issues a year is correct!

• Gadsen

Posted February 21, 2005 - 05:05 PM

Might be. I just looked and the magazine I subscibed my grandson to and it was "Dirt Rider", my bad! :)

• waterdog3

Posted February 21, 2005 - 05:30 PM

Have Not Received Mine Either, But Agree That The Reviews Are Going Down Hill. Whoever Sponsors Gets The A+ Reviews....

• jaggley

Posted February 21, 2005 - 06:36 PM

Dirt Bike writers have no memories. Last year, they said that the '04 WR450 was great, in the '05 review this month they say the '04 sucked and was top heavy. I have an '04 and think it is great.

They take every bike they test to the track and rate it by that standard. The wr is not a track bike and was not meant to be. The mag is ok, but it does not provide the unbiased info that it should. It is ridden by the industry.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.