Exhaust full system or just slip-on?

32 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted March 01, 2005 - 03:34 PM

Now for some reason, rmzbeast found it necessary to make a personal attack on Elton. First of all rmzbeast, we all here expect a certain amount of cynics and wise a*ses. However, please don't take pot shots at people that come here for the atttainment of knowledge. One of the attorneys the my company employs is named Elton, and he is quite bright. I have so much respect for his work that we pay him somewhere around $175.00 per hour. I do live in Texas and that wage here will afford you a decent lifestyle. If you like rmz's better than wr's, then so be it. Vote with your wallet. Please don't come in here looking to irritate people, most of them just don't want or need any extra irritation in their lives. I am sure that you are a fine person that just had a momentary lapse of reason. Best Wishes

I second that :)

• gregwr450f

Posted March 01, 2005 - 03:36 PM

I was talking about new2fourstrokes's E2 with the insert vs. the stock without the baffle -- quoting new2fourstrokes's E2 post.

Elton

My fault, I was refering to new2fourstrokes last post.

• new2fourstrokes

Posted March 02, 2005 - 02:42 AM

OH yeah it is twice as loud. :p :D the stock pipe with baffle out is just right for noise but let me tell you the white brothers sounds soooooooo tough and I've notice a much quicker throttle responce.. you nooooo this thing is coming.. :) :)

• thumper_dad

Posted March 02, 2005 - 06:05 AM

OH yeah it is twice as loud. :) :p the stock pipe with baffle out is just right for noise but let me tell you the white brothers sounds soooooooo tough and I've notice a much quicker throttle responce.. you nooooo this thing is coming.. :) :D

You might find your self coming and going right out of the riding area you pulled up in with a stupid loud exhaust.

Thanks for helping me lose my riding areas.
get a clue

• Math

Posted March 02, 2005 - 07:31 AM

Straight from Randy Hawkins mouth...You don't need to replace the headpipe. A slip on works best! At least that's what he told me. It's not like I would ever be competition for him so I'm sure it's the whole truth.

:) :) :p

• barefootbob

Posted March 02, 2005 - 10:47 AM

YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSHIMURA RS3 SLIP ON !!!!!!! :) :)

NUFF SAID

thumper_dad will that YOSH pass the sound?I know you hit Cow everynow and than ,rangers are ther all the time and did you notice a big power increse?I was thinking of getting the powercoreIV with the Q insert and tuning it to meet sound like indy once posted.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elton

Posted March 02, 2005 - 03:38 PM

I'm tired of waiting on the 2005 White Brothers E2 and the FMF Q2.

I'm thinking the "Yosh TRC Comp Complete" is the way I'm going to go. They have a 2005 spec. system for the WR450; the price is not much more than the E2 which is just a muffler, for $50 more I'll get the full system -- I believe this is also competitive to a FMF Q2 w/Powerbomb.

I can't decide on Aluminum or Carbon Fiber canister; but the quality looks good -- and there is the Tec-Kit with various quieting options.

http://www.yoshimura...xhaust_dirt.asp

Anyone have experience with this system?

Elton

• barefootbob

Posted March 02, 2005 - 04:13 PM

:) I've read here If you already have the GYTR exhaust tip in your stock exhaust the Q does nothing for the performance on your bike.Here in Ca. we have a sound requirment. :p I wonder if the yosh with the 96/93db Quiet insert will give me better performance,than my stock exhaust with the GYTR. :) Was hoping Thumper_dad would give us some input on this if he has this exhaust already :D

• new2fourstrokes

Posted March 03, 2005 - 01:30 AM

Yes thumper your quick to put down my pipe! does yours meet the 96db? also i did say it was to loud, I'm not happy with it so I'm seeling it.... 1 day old it is any one wanna buy it?????

• beezer

Posted March 03, 2005 - 07:17 AM

I got my White Brothers E2 yesterday for my 05 WR from our heros at the TT store.

Why go anywhere else?

Looks like a nicely made piece.

If looks were horsepower..........

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:22 AM

I got my White Brothers E2 yesterday for my 05 WR from our heros at the TT store.

Why go anywhere else?

Looks like a nicely made piece.

If looks were horsepower..........

I can smell someone that is close to being banned... :) :)

• thumper_dad

Posted March 03, 2005 - 09:19 AM

Yes thumper your quick to put down my pipe! does yours meet the 96db? also i did say it was to loud, I'm not happy with it so I'm seeling it.... 1 day old it is any one wanna buy it?????

Um no, my pipe beat the sound limit with the TEC kit installed 94DB without it 98DB, I have rode right next to rangers and never had them say a word, I tested it myself at a sound check at Hollister and it passed :)

I did see some guy at Cow Mountain with a E2 and it was so frickin loud it was obnoxious, I wouldn't want to ride next to any idiot who had one of those things UN capped.
If you want a Harley go buy one.

• clark4131

Posted March 03, 2005 - 09:38 AM

I'm tired of waiting on the 2005 White Brothers E2 and the FMF Q2.

The FMF Q2 is available. I just ordered mine a couple of days ago. Should be here today or tomorrow...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.