Exhaust full system or just slip-on?

32 replies to this topic
  • markyjoe

Posted February 18, 2005 - 04:04 PM

Is it worth it to order the full exhaust system with head pipe or only the slip-on? Thinking about getting the Yoshimura RS-3 for my '05 WR450 and wondered if the Yosh head pipe makes that big a difference for an additional $125. Thanks!

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 18, 2005 - 04:34 PM

From all the comments I have ever seen the muffler / mid pipe has the most gains. The headers make much less difference. :)

• xcracer123

Posted February 18, 2005 - 04:57 PM

Straight from Randy Hawkins mouth...You don't need to replace the headpipe. A slip on works best! At least that's what he told me. It's not like I would ever be competition for him so I'm sure it's the whole truth.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted February 19, 2005 - 12:36 AM

what performance slip on pipe works the best on a 04 WR450? Just curious, I might like to get one if there is a noticable power increase. I like my stock pipe works good but would go aftermarket if there really is a good slip on out there?

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted February 26, 2005 - 01:13 AM

????????

• gregwr450f

Posted February 26, 2005 - 04:57 AM

Around 85% of power gains are made at the muffer

• nji320

Posted February 26, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I just put a powerbomb header and a powercore4 pipe on and my 04 WR450 and the bike came alive. I think this is the best setup for the money by far. The whole system stainless steel for $435. :)

• elton

Posted February 26, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Is the White Brothers E2 considered a "slip-on"?

Elton

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted March 01, 2005 - 02:00 AM

thanks for the info. Sure is pricy anthing in the $300 range for a slip on for my 04 WR450?

• rmzbeast

Posted March 01, 2005 - 02:27 AM

what i did was i just angle grinded my stock one in half works great :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmzbeast

Posted March 01, 2005 - 02:30 AM

listen here elton if that is your real name your parents must hate you to give you a gay piano players name they dont just slip on you have to bolt them ta ;) :D :thumbsup: :D :D :thumbsup: :o :D :D :) :) :p

• gregwr450f

Posted March 01, 2005 - 03:02 AM

what i did was i just angle grinded my stock one in half works great :p

Why would you bother doing that, I just took the whole lot off, header and all, it is a tad loud though :)
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK UP :)

• new2fourstrokes

Posted March 01, 2005 - 03:25 AM

i just put the white brothers e2 on... :p :) much more power but LOUD :) i started it with out the plate in to loud.... but the plate in very very nice... guys how much will this rob power??????

• elton

Posted March 01, 2005 - 04:30 AM

listen here elton if that is your real name your parents must hate you to give you a gay piano players name they dont just slip on you have to bolt them ta :o :) :D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :p :) ;) :D :D :D

That's a lot of emotions. You have a hang-up with my name? Is "rmzbeast" your real name; sounds a bit gay to me.

Elton

• elton

Posted March 01, 2005 - 04:32 AM

i just put the white brothers e2 on... :) :) much more power but LOUD :p i started it with out the plate in to loud.... but the plate in very very nice... guys how much will this rob power??????

With the insert in, is it louder than the stock exhaust without the baffle?

Elton

• gregwr450f

Posted March 01, 2005 - 05:12 AM

take it for a ride and compare the two :)

• djv5

Posted March 01, 2005 - 05:12 AM

I originally went with a FMF PowerCore IV slip-on exhaust for my 2003 WR450f. Only noticed a slight increase in power, but a very LARGE increase in noise. The muffler packing only seemed to last about 1 summer worth of weekend riding. I was not happy with the FMF, so I sold it.

Then I purchased a Yoshimura RS-3 comp full system exhaust (header, muffler, & TEC kit) for about $409 from Rocky Mtn. At the same time I installed a James Dean jet kit. The results were AMAZING!!! The bike no longer "pops" upon deceleration, no more "hesitation", starts much easier, and the power truely astonishing. Plan to rejet if you purchase a full system, installation of the JD jet kit was simple and took less than an hour for the rookie. The TEC kit allows you to run 3 different noise levels by installing different end caps.

The Yoshimura also looks good, and is comparably light-weight.

• thumper_dad

Posted March 01, 2005 - 06:18 AM

YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSHIMURA RS3 SLIP ON !!!!!!! :) :)

NUFF SAID

• elton

Posted March 01, 2005 - 06:56 AM

take it for a ride and compare the two :)

I was talking about new2fourstrokes's E2 with the insert vs. the stock without the baffle -- quoting new2fourstrokes's E2 post.

Elton

• NewBlue

Posted March 01, 2005 - 07:02 AM

Now for some reason, rmzbeast found it necessary to make a personal attack on Elton. First of all rmzbeast, we all here expect a certain amount of cynics and wise a*ses. However, please don't take pot shots at people that come here for the atttainment of knowledge. One of the attorneys the my company employs is named Elton, and he is quite bright. I have so much respect for his work that we pay him somewhere around $175.00 per hour. I do live in Texas and that wage here will afford you a decent lifestyle. If you like rmz's better than wr's, then so be it. Vote with your wallet. Please don't come in here looking to irritate people, most of them just don't want or need any extra irritation in their lives. I am sure that you are a fine person that just had a momentary lapse of reason. Best Wishes

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.