Where to find 450 cam the cheapest?

10 replies to this topic
  • wc426mx

Posted February 18, 2005 - 02:56 PM

I posted a reply in the stickied 450 cam thread, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Anyway, I was reading through that thread at some old posts, and found that many of you said to call John @ World Powersports to get the cheapest price on the cam. I believe it was something like $85 from him, but you had to call and talk to him directly. Is this still the deal, or is there a better one out there? Any information you can give is appreciated. Thanks.

• adrian

Posted February 18, 2005 - 03:19 PM

The cheapest one that I found was from here http://www.generationmx.com/main.html I think it was around $95.00 which is a pretty darn good price in my opinion...

• wc426mx

Posted February 18, 2005 - 06:48 PM

The cheapest one that I found was from here http://www.generationmx.com/main.html I think it was around $95.00 which is a pretty darn good price in my opinion...

Don't you have to pay a $10 fee to join generationmx.com?

• yamaboy23

Posted February 18, 2005 - 10:12 PM

Even if you have to pay the 10 dollars and a little shipping costs its still a bit cheaper than the local dealer
i bought mine from them a year ago and have been totally pleased since
Ive also installed the Hot Cams Ex Cam and have good results from it too

• chan470

Posted February 19, 2005 - 06:22 AM

Zanotti Motors quoted a price of $94.40, but they didn't have the cam in stock. I then called North County Yamaha and spoke to Tom in parts. He originally quoted me a price of $104.00, but I told him the price I was quoted by Zanotti and Tom said "how about $91.40". They had cam in stock, shipped that day. Received it in 6 days. Very happy with service. :)

Shipping was $8.00 (CA to KY not bad).

www.zanottimotor.com
www.ncyyamaha.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted February 19, 2005 - 08:56 PM

How about $80 shipped to your house in the lower 48 (US) PM me if your interested. OE Yamaha YZ450F camshaft (exhaust) part number 5TA-12180-00 and it has the auto decompression feature.

• ockevin

Posted February 19, 2005 - 09:44 PM

is that brand new ?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2005 - 04:41 AM

Toyota MDT Tech's cam is virtually brand new he tried it and prefered the WR cam. He has the original packing and no wear. Great deal. I did the same thing and sold my slightly used cam for $90.00 to TT member NHKevin. Toyota MDT Tech is a good standing TT member. :)

• chan470

Posted February 20, 2005 - 07:58 AM

$80.00 is a great deal. I would go for it!!

• fatnugget

Posted February 20, 2005 - 02:53 PM

Mine was $125.00 from my local stealer ....ahem dealer. But they did have it in stock even though they bent me over to the tune of $8 each for the shims. Overall it was still a bargain compared to the $190.00 my buddy just paid for a hotcam for his 426. Does anybody know how the two cams compare performancewise?

• wc426mx

Posted February 23, 2005 - 02:53 PM

Mine was $125.00 from my local stealer ....ahem dealer. But they did have it in stock even though they bent me over to the tune of $8 each for the shims. Overall it was still a bargain compared to the $190.00 my buddy just paid for a hotcam for his 426. Does anybody know how the two cams compare performancewise?

From everything I've read, you need to get both Hotcams to see a big power increase. If you get the exhaust cam only, you're basically just getting auto-decomp. :) I'm not 100% sure, since I don't have any personal experience.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.