Anyone here from arizona?

7 replies to this topic
  • hurricane jonny

Posted February 18, 2005 - 02:33 PM

Was looking at possibly Yuma. Close to Cali. border. 170 miles from San Diego. I would like to be closer to Baja to run desert races and ride year round. Hot though :)

• AzMtnThumper

Posted February 18, 2005 - 07:34 PM

Yikes!! Yuma's awful hot in the summer. :) All the areas along the river are great in the winter. :)

• ssjones

Posted February 18, 2005 - 07:38 PM

I have lived in the Phoenix area for 20+ years. Great dunes in Glamis not far from Yuma. A lot of good riding in AZ. North, South, and Central AZ have great single track. It is not too bad of a drive to the baja. Summer+Yuma=HOT!
We move up to the 7k elevation in the summer time to ride. High 70's in the summer in Flagstaff 2 hours from Phoenix. :) :)

• hurricane jonny

Posted February 19, 2005 - 12:10 AM

That's cool. Not as hot in Flagstuff huh. Are the laws out there reasonable. Like an xr being plated etc..?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hurricane jonny

Posted February 19, 2005 - 04:49 AM

Is there a lot of riding in Az around Flagstaff? Can you ride clear into Nevada with much trouble. I like long distance runs. :)

• AzMtnThumper

Posted February 19, 2005 - 10:18 AM

It's easy to plate a bike in AZ. Summer highs in Flagstaff are usually in the upper 70's to lower 80's with afternoon shower common in July-September. Prescott probably has more riding opportunities and is about 8-10F warmer in the summer (Flagstaff has quite a few places to ride though, I live there). Riding to Nevada (especially Laughlin) wouldn't be too much of a problem on street legal bike with a big tank. I think Seligman to Kingman would be the longest stretch with no fuel (there may fuel in between there somewhere). I'd do it in May or Oct so you don't fry when you drop down into the dez outside of Kingman.

• ssjones

Posted February 19, 2005 - 11:17 AM

Arizona is an easy place to plate a bike. Nothing better than rain in Flag when it is 110+ in the valley. :) [COLOR=Red]AzMtnThumper[/COLOR] - Where in Prescott do you like to ride? I have done a lot in the Mormon Lake/Munds Park area. I have a buddy with a cabin near Potato Patch area. Any suggestions?

• AzMtnThumper

Posted February 19, 2005 - 04:51 PM

SSJones: The times I have been to the Prescott area to ride I have taken my kids to Alto Pit which has some good family riding. Other areas I want to check out are the Wolf Creek area, Senator Highway and Camp Wood.
The Munds Park/Mormon Lake area you mentioned also has some good family riding. For the big boy days I have a pretty good dual sport loop surrounding town and the Peaks with a pretty good mix of riding; let me know if you're interested in checking it out.

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  57 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.