Will '04 WR450 Wheels fit '02 WR426??

6 replies to this topic
  • WR Riffton

Posted February 17, 2005 - 06:01 PM

I'm in the process of buying some Gold Supermoto Talons from an '04 WR450. I was told they would fit my '02 WR426. However, I've since been told that they may not fit :)

Can anyone help??

• condog_aus

Posted February 18, 2005 - 01:35 AM

Go to http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/

and look up the part numbers for each model. Generally the same part number if they are interchangeable.

• WR Riffton

Posted February 18, 2005 - 05:03 AM

Nice one condog!!

The wheel parts I checked (hubs, spacer beads..) are the same on each model, as are the discs. Strange, as I always assumed the rear disc on a 450 was much bigger than on other WRs/YZ's :)

The only thing that appears to be different are the actual calipers. However, I assume that if the discs are the same either caliper must fit the disc.

I haven't checked everything thoroughly, just what appears to be the most obvious, although I'm a complete wheel novice. Are there any other specific parts I should check for compatibility??

Cheers,

Riffton.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzwiley

Posted February 18, 2005 - 07:01 AM

From my ole '02 YZ426 up to my '05 YZ250 all the wheels are interchangeable. You should be good.

• WR Riffton

Posted February 18, 2005 - 09:00 AM

AAArrGGGHHH!!!!

I've just found out that the wheels are from a YZ450, not a WR450. So I've just checked the part numbers out and everything is the same except the front hub :D

I've just phoned Central Wheel Components (Uk Wheelbuilders) and they confirmed that the back wheel will fit, but the front hub is different, so it won't fit :) FFS!!!!

Does this mean I'm f**ked and I've got to buy a new hub, or will a different spacer do it????

This is doing me in - one minute everything's cool, the next minute I'm shagged :) :p :D Please....somebody - bring good news!!!

• yzwiley

Posted February 18, 2005 - 10:10 AM

The front hub is probably different because of the odometer pickup. I'd imagine that if you're not using your odometer you'd probably be okay. If you have a Yamaha dealer close by maybe you could go do a visual inspection between the YZ and WR.

• WR Riffton

Posted February 19, 2005 - 01:48 AM

Cheers for your advice mate. There's a Yammie dealership just down the road - I'll pop in. Aside from getting my tape measure out, and apart from the odometer, is there any specific way of seeing if the wheels are similar or different??

Only concern is, when I phoned them, this dealership also said the '04 YZ front wheel wouldn't fit an '02 WR front wheel :)

I just hope they're confused and mistaken!!!

Thanks,

Riffton.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.