WR450 sprocket

4 replies to this topic
  • Dirtmizer

Posted February 17, 2005 - 03:58 PM

I'm thinking of going up a tooth on my front sprocket for easier road cruising, what brand should I buy? and will I notice the lack of low end on the trails? or should I plan on swapping back and forth? I ride mostly tight stuff up north and more dirt roads and streets at home so swapping back and forth would be ok. Thanx.

• RichBaker

Posted February 17, 2005 - 04:12 PM

When I did that, the stock 15t replacement(with rubber damper) was the least expensive of any my LYD had....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markyjoe

Posted February 18, 2005 - 06:59 AM

Bump...Same situation, I'd like to go up to a 15 front for higher speed desert riding. Any opinions? Thanks.

• ncmountainman

Posted February 18, 2005 - 07:26 AM

just do it! the 450 has plenty enough power to pull a taller gear. :)

• doctorchopper

Posted February 18, 2005 - 10:38 AM

I just went from a 14 to a 16, with a 46 on toothon the back on my 426, i noticed a bit of power loss in 4th and 5th gear, but still pulls like a rocket, and now i cruise around 60 to 70 mph without having to rev the piss out of it, top speed of around 90-100mph, I am running supermoto tires and rims so the back tire is a little smaller

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.