New maker of Stainless steel oil filter ?

5 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted February 17, 2005 - 03:47 PM

Do anyone know anything about this stainless steel oil filter ? How do they compare to the Scott unit ? I found these on ebay and I was wondering if they were any good ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...4527574747&rd=1

Thanks

• GixxerBitch

Posted February 17, 2005 - 04:22 PM

Not a very good advertisement using a shitty photo like that!

Stick with the Scott's if I were you!

• tigerowner_ut

Posted February 17, 2005 - 05:06 PM

I have the same filter Scotts sells. I would not buy one again. There is no way that these filter better than stock and the rubber deforms after some time. These are far from lifetime filters. These filters belong in the trash along with K&N products.

You can get paper filters for pretty cheap $5-7.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timcook

Posted February 17, 2005 - 06:18 PM

I have never been comfortable with the idea of a permanent filter for a dirt bike. We use these type of filters on aircraft and they are designed to be thrown out after each use. The can only be used if they have been cleaned by ultrasonic equipment. I agree that paper is cheap and they can be replaced often.

• qadsan

Posted February 17, 2005 - 11:14 PM

There are no published filtration specs on the CRT filter. Calling the company is a waste of time because they'll just give you the run around instead of giving you facts or they won't return your calls. I was genuinely interested in trying this product, but now I'm very skeptical, especially after calling the company.

Ready filter will soon be selling a stainless filter with a 35 micron rating and it comes with a annodized billet cover for $59.95 retail. Here's the link...

http://www.readyraci...roductsheet.pdf

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 18, 2005 - 08:03 AM

I use a Scotts in both our 250f and 426f not for its filtering qualities.
I use them because the paper filters do bypass on cold stars and the SS units dont. Oil flow is more important than micron rating at that level.
Eric

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.