Does your Baja Design street kit.......

3 replies to this topic
  • NVFirefighter

Posted February 17, 2005 - 12:40 PM

Battery get hot??

Mine seems to get quite hot the couple of times I have ridden it. I just put the motor back together a couple of weeks ago so I have not had a lot of riding time on it....Damn snow!

Is this normal or do I have a gremlin??

Thanks

• smashinz2002

Posted February 17, 2005 - 08:47 PM

I have a baja designs dual sport kit too, but I've never noticed if the battery gets hot, since it's under the seat, just never noticed. I've had the baja kit on my bike for three years now, and never had any problems, except for replacing bulbs every now and then. Good luck with it man I hope yours holds up as well.

L.L.
'00XR650R/uncorked/jetted/street legal
'04KX500/fmfgnarly/vforce
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HondaXR650R

Posted February 18, 2005 - 03:03 AM

Battery get hot??

Mine seems to get quite hot the couple of times I have ridden it. I just put the motor back together a couple of weeks ago so I have not had a lot of riding time on it....Damn snow!

Is this normal or do I have a gremlin??

Thanks

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I discovered the same thing charging mine on my 1 Amp motorcycle battery charger... Be careful with batteries... Make sure the wires coming from your voltage regulator are connected tightly :p to your battery and make sure your ground is good. Try not to use your lights unless your bike is running... and if you're just sitting there at idle just use the running light... but IMO if you're riding on the road, have the headlight on at all times! IMO it is best to be seen! I'm thinking about rewinding my stator and getting more light output, but I'm going to try a 55/65 watt bulb as a headlight first and see how that works. I am also running the Baja Designs LED taillight... 19 LED's!!! SUPER BRIGHT!!! and uses way less power than a normal taillight. :)

Posted February 21, 2005 - 05:27 PM

[COLOR=Sienna]undefined[/COLOR] I to have the Baja Design with a Ricky 200 watt Stator and when the battery is low and has not been charged for some time it will get hot! This does not happen every time only when the battery is low....Good Luck :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.