Airbox modification for crankcase vent hose

2 replies to this topic
  • Dzl850

Posted February 17, 2005 - 09:57 AM

I ride a '99 YZF400 which I have modifiied for woods and trail riding. I stuck the bike in a hole a couple of weeks ago midway up the engine and got water in the oil. I have been told in the YZF forum that I need to re-route my crankcase vent hose from under the frame up to the breather housing.
I figured one of you guys in the WR forum might be able to help me out and explain the best procedure for this? I don't have a problem with re-routing the hose, I just don't know how to attach it to the airbox housing. Do I drill out the housing and silicone in place or maybe T into the airbox drain hose?
Any comments are appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beakr

Posted February 17, 2005 - 11:06 AM

Do a search in this forum for "vent hose". There has been lots of discussion in the past about this particular mod, and the best way to do it. That's what I did to research it before making this mod on my '04 WR450. There are several ways to do it, and several of the posters expressed pros and cons for different methods. Do the search and you'll see what I mean. :)

• bfly

Posted February 17, 2005 - 12:29 PM

There are a bunch of ways people have done it. This is the route I chose.

Old Thread

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.