How much money could I get for my bike?

6 replies to this topic
  • 99wr400

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:00 PM

I have been thinking about selling my 1999 WR400, all the mods are listed in the garage thing, just click on my "garage" button. The bike has around 80-100 hours on it, and Is getting a complete top-end job right now (420cc White brothers bigbore kit :) installation included) and all of the black plastics are brand new. (I haven't taken any pictures since I started doing the major upgrades.) How much do you think I could get for it?
Daniel

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 17, 2005 - 09:50 AM

Your not gonna get as much as you want out of it I am guessing. I have a 99 yz400 that I am guessing is worth like $2000.

• 99wr400

Posted February 17, 2005 - 04:33 PM

I know I won't get half as much as I paid for it, I'm just wondering How much it would sell for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRookie

Posted February 17, 2005 - 06:07 PM

www.kbb.com

there is a motorcycle link there.

• jchantzWR400F

Posted February 18, 2005 - 05:35 AM

I personally think you would get a little more for it if it were stock. Since yours is not, I would guess somewhere around $2000. I wouldn't touch anything that is having or has had top end work. I'd rather KNOW that the work was done properly...Not to say that the work on yours wastn't. I'd put it back to close as stock condition (original plastic and find an original sticker kit) Then sell off all of the aftermarket stuff on the side. You'll get you money back quicker this way. This of course, is just my opinion.

• 99wr400

Posted February 18, 2005 - 09:43 PM

I'm having a shop do all the engine work... oh well, when I sell it, I'll list it for $4000 and see where it goes. All the YZF400's around here are goin for around 3000, and the WR's have been selling for around 300-500 more. I was just tryin to find a number close to what I wanted to hear.

• GasAHolic

Posted February 18, 2005 - 11:47 PM

I have been thinking about selling my 1999 WR400, all the mods are listed in the garage thing, just click on my "garage" button. The bike has around 80-100 hours on it, and Is getting a complete top-end job right now (420cc White brothers bigbore kit :) installation included) and all of the black plastics are brand new. (I haven't taken any pictures since I started doing the major upgrades.) How much do you think I could get for it?
Daniel

Not exact matches of course, but here's some recently completed ebay auctions: http://search-comple...orefinesearchZ1

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.