WR450 Battery Charge Port

22 replies to this topic
  • Trick_Dual_Sport

Posted April 12, 2005 - 09:36 AM

ETP

Since you have a Trick Dual Sport kit, you can plug the charge wire directly into your AUX port of the kit. That is a fused link directly to your battery.

Dale

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdd123

Posted April 12, 2005 - 09:55 AM

There is not much excess wattage available on the WR's for accessories. Check the specs on the rectifier wattage. For example, if you move the headlight to the DC circuit off the battery, the battery will drain out in 1/2 hour unles you go down to a 30watt light bulb. Found this out with a Baja Designs dual sport kit on a WR250 runnig a high rpm on gravel roads.

• IceBox

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:03 PM

Another option is a Battery Minder.

I plug in my battery while it's in the bike if I know it will sit any long period of time. It has taken my battery a couple of months to drop a tenth of a volt. I only had to charge it severly times this winter to top it off.

http://www.vdcelectr...nder_12v_1a.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.