So who's got the Whitebros E2?

18 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 16, 2005 - 04:40 PM

I'm still undecided on what pipe to put on my bike. I want something less restrictive than the stocker but not something too loud. I'm thinkin below 98dbs.. So far the E2 looks like a nice pipe..

What do you guys think?

• un450azul

Posted February 16, 2005 - 05:22 PM

I intentionally went from 1) stock jetting, stock exhaust (uncorked) 2) JD jetting, stock ex. 3) JD jetting, E2 pipe to see if there was a notable difference. YEP… nice smooth throttle control (I.E. linear acceleration) through the gears. The JD/E2 combo is the only aftermarket I’ve tried but there is an impressive difference.

• Thedukester

Posted February 16, 2005 - 07:40 PM

I was concerned about noise levels and the service manager at my local shop felt the E2 was very good, so I got it. I have been very happy with it.

• thumped_blue

Posted February 16, 2005 - 08:44 PM

I put the E2 on my '05 WR 450 and I love it. Nice smooth power and throaty but not obnoxiously loud. I'm very pleased. :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 16, 2005 - 09:32 PM

I am glad to read this thread as I too am interested in the E2, thanks guys. Keep your thoughts coming. :)

• NMRIDEN

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:01 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I noticed Black_n_blue_thumper has all black plastic, and was wondering if you could post a picture of it. I'm thinking of doing this, and want to see what it looks like.
Thanks

• elton

Posted February 17, 2005 - 03:59 AM

I'm still undecided on what pipe to put on my bike. I want something less restrictive than the stocker but not something too loud. I'm thinkin below 98dbs.. So far the E2 looks like a nice pipe..

What do you guys think?

I agree; I've heard good things about it, it looks better the most and is noise/power adjustable (from what I understand) -- also price seems good ($355 discounted).

My dealer said the rep says that the 2005 spec. pipe will not be avail until 4-weeks; another vendor said should be avail the end of the month.

Elton

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 17, 2005 - 07:12 AM

Rockymountainmc has them priced under 300 although they currently do not have them in stock.. I'm curious how some 05 owners have them already when other places show them not available yet.. :)

Dan

• DesertWR

Posted February 17, 2005 - 08:14 AM

Dan,
I put mine on when I bought the bike. The dealer had it in stock-This wa about 2 months ago. After jetting, I really like the pipe. It is a good sounding pipe. You can see the pix of mine under the WR pictures on one of these threads. Looks good too!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tgodwin

Posted February 17, 2005 - 08:53 AM

Dan-
I was in Folsom Yamaha yesturday and they had one hanging on the wall. Check with them for availability, but I think they are around. I was asking about it's performance, but did not get a price.
Tim

• elton

Posted February 17, 2005 - 09:13 AM

Rockymountainmc has them priced under 300 although they currently do not have them in stock.. I'm curious how some 05 owners have them already when other places show them not available yet.. :)

Dan

I'm wondering if people are installing the 2004 model; it may work -- but the company (allegedly) says the 2005 specific E2 was yet to be released -- thus I'm waiting for the 05 Spec., as it may be better :)

Here is a quote from my dealer (others have corroborated this),

Dealer on 2.15.05 - White Brothers said the E2 system is different for the '05 with a new part # of 05-648. The customer rep. estimated that the pipe should be available in four to six weeks. If I can help in any way please let me know. You can e-mail me in the future if you can't get me on the phone. Thanks for all of your patience

Elton

• tgodwin

Posted February 17, 2005 - 09:25 AM

Elton
That's good to know. I was unaware that there was a difference between the 04 and 05. I thought they just came out with it this year.

• bushman06

Posted February 17, 2005 - 09:25 AM

I went with the 05 Yosh TRC pipe. It comes standard at 96db and I can reduce that to 93 db with the tec kit for an addtional $37.00.

I have a full pipe on order that I won't get until mid March. A friend of mine had one and it looked great, was not too loud compared to a T-4 and he said made a big difference to his bike.

The aluminum slip on runs $350 and the carbon fiber runs $375.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted February 17, 2005 - 06:44 PM

Daniel, My Son,
When are we going to get you on the good stuff? FMF Q is the only way to go if you want the Rangers in Barstow and Ridgecrest Districts to wave you off, and have some power left over to burn up some tires.
Your Old Pal,
Dan

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 17, 2005 - 07:13 PM

Dan, I know you're pals with Emler so maybe you could get me a sweet deal on a TI-Q... :) That thing looks sweet!!!! Think of me next time you go down there, I'll jump ship if I can get a good deal... :)

• RixR1

Posted February 18, 2005 - 05:34 AM

I have the JD jet kit and the E2 pipe on my 05 WR450. Dynamite combination-the thing rips.

I bought the pipe back in early January for less than $300 from MotoXoutlet.com. They didn't list an '05 spec on the website at the time but I did some checking and the pipe listed as '04 is the same and fits perfect--they just didn't update the spec list.

The E2 comes with different end caps/spark arrestor combinations, I use the quiet core and it still is not exactly "quiet" but I'd guess it is at about 96db.

Outstanding fit and finish.

Rick :)

• Whoya

Posted February 18, 2005 - 05:46 AM

I put the E2 on my '05 WR 450 and I love it. Nice smooth power and throaty but not obnoxiously loud. I'm very pleased. :)

I'm so sick of the way my 'Q' Sounds, I want somthing throaty too!!! :p :) :D

• Flip01

Posted February 18, 2005 - 09:19 AM

What do you guys think?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Great fit and finish. Sounds great. Haven't tested it yet, but it sounds like it should be 96db legal with the spark arresstor insert in. Pull that sucker out and DAMN... sounds sweet but its loud.

'05 spec? I dunno. Mine was labeled for the '03-'04 and it fit great. :)

• mtrablue

Posted February 19, 2005 - 08:11 AM

wasn't there an issue with these not making the 96db level? seems to me they even held back delivery when they first came out because of the sound level. you said 98db but you need 96db in california, don't you?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.