Oil grade for suspension ???

1 reply to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted February 16, 2005 - 03:29 PM

I'm having my fork and schock serviced (oil change/seals/nitrogen recharge) by a shop nearby. They're called Elka Suspension.

Knowing that we can't expect a mx bike to behave well on the trail and an enduro on a mx track at the same time. I still believe that a dirt bike should be able to do both at an enjoyable level. While discussing this matter with the Elka technician, he advised me to use a grade 5 suspension oil for compromise. Normally he would use 2.5 for enduro and 10 weight for mx. I weight 230 in riding gears. I installed a 5.8 rear spring because I was experiencing quite a few bottoming in the rear at the mx track.

Is there another way to achieve anti bottoming suspension on the track and keep the trail capability ?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 16, 2005 - 04:09 PM

Is there another way to achieve anti bottoming suspension on the track and keep the trail capability ?
Thanks

Stock WR fork oil is 5W. :)

I think it is impossible to get both. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.