WR426 what's the scoop?

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 16, 2000 - 04:07 AM

Has anyone recieved and rode their 426 yet? I would love to hear about some first rides and impression of the Big Blue.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 17, 2000 - 06:59 PM

I picked mine up on Saturday morning, but not knowing it was coming in till Friday night, I had prior commitments and was unable to ride it (except from the front yard into the garage...). I can't wait to get it out in the woods, but will probably not be able to until next weekend. That will give me some time to grease the un-greased, and let some air out of the tires (28 lbs.!!)
It sure looks good!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 17, 2000 - 07:19 PM

First impression w throttle stop still in place. Suspension better than my 99 WR. Feels more balanced and soaks up rough stuff great. 426 engine has better pull power. I could feeel the difference when climbing a long steep rocky curvy hill. Second gear pulled much harder in this situation. Jury still out on top-end power till I remove stop. Great improvement on an already awesome bike.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 18, 2000 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for the reply. I planning on doing xtra lube before I run mine as well. I am also going to have to work on getting a lower seat height. 5'8" on a good day with a 30" inseam is going to make things interesting.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 18, 2000 - 06:32 AM

Mike, I should get mine this week. I plan on riding over the Christmas holiday and will have a complete report on it. I have seen them at races already and they dont look any different at all. We probably can expect more bottom end and a nice front brake. See Ya, Dan

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.