oversized header question

3 replies to this topic
  • Hurricane

Posted February 16, 2005 - 11:28 AM

My stock header is smashed and I have an oversized header, tapered. The tapered header has a larger diameter hole than the outer diameter of the midpipe. The header slips over the midpipe, but it is a tight fit. Will it work this way with some high temp silicone or will it leak exhaust through the connection? Or maybe some high temp exhaust tape?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 16, 2005 - 02:35 PM

Just sounds like a bad idea. Usually the header fits inside the mid pipe and then if you need to you can use high temp gasket & silicone to fill the gap.
The step is just going the wrong way and your seal will just get hammered by the exhaust gases. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hurricane

Posted February 17, 2005 - 06:31 AM

That's what I figured but I though I'd ask anyway.

• sharpmarble

Posted February 17, 2005 - 08:17 AM

Here's one on ebay.....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.