power pegs

7 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted February 16, 2005 - 08:29 AM

finally got my power pegs on today, when i first got on the bike my reaction was these things are goin' straight back!!! but i figured i'd giv'em a chance. after about 10 minutes of riding didn't even notice. what i did notice is it felt alot smoother at speed,and the things really shine on steep up and downhills. :) good stuff :thumbsup:shifting was alot easier also.

• jwriott

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:36 AM

I was getting close to bumping your original thread back up. How do you think your ankle's feel with the movement? Less stress and fatigue?

I was looking at them if they helped me in this area.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 16, 2005 - 10:44 AM

I can tell you that I am concerned about pivoting and any movement of my pegs relative to my boots! I just dont like the concept one bit. :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 16, 2005 - 11:00 AM

I can tell you that I am concerned about pivoting and any movement of my pegs relative to my boots! I just dont like the concept one bit. :)

Why don't you install a set of those pegs for us to try in Moab? :p :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 16, 2005 - 02:31 PM

I will be riding with NCMountainman in a few weekends. I will try them then. :)

• motodude42

Posted February 16, 2005 - 02:35 PM

I usually know what people are talking about on this site, but, what are power pegs? :)

• ncmountainman

Posted February 16, 2005 - 03:07 PM

the power pegs rock fore and aft 20 degrees and have adjustable tension (i had to tighten'em up a little) its not all that crazy once you get used to it.the motion is very natural and you kinda become one with the bike. i was concerned about jumping, but after trying a few small jumps it makes your foot plant better (especially if you land off camber) instead of the peg jerking your foot to it, the peg comes to you if that makes any sense! it really makes the attack position way more comfortable. i'm genuinely impressed by them. as far as stressing ankles or knees more,once i stopped fighting with them and let them do they're thing it felt less stressful on the joints. foot placement seems more critical but once i found the sweet spot(its right where it should be, just in front of the heel) it was go go gadget; power pegs :) the only drawback is they're about twice as heavy as the stock ones,but i figure that weights down low and it might even counter balance some of the top heaviness!

• jwriott

Posted February 17, 2005 - 09:22 AM

This is what I wanted to know. I think they seem like a great way to reduce the sharp impacts and stress on my ankles.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.