Best Boots for the Money?

28 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted February 15, 2005 - 09:24 PM

I have been looking into the Alpinestars Tech-8s. Is this boot worth the high price tag, or are there some others out there that are just as nice? Also, do boots tend to run larger or smaller than tennis shoe size?

Thanks guys!

• Texas4play

Posted February 15, 2005 - 09:36 PM

I prefer the Tech 6 for the money $$$. The size should be same as tennis shoe. But as always, try before you buy.

• Eric_F

Posted February 15, 2005 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for the tip, what about fox forma pros? I've heard nothing but praise for these as well...

• Desracer

Posted February 15, 2005 - 10:54 PM

I thought the Tech 6's were great boots untill I bought the 8's. I have had other boots but the Alpinestar's hold up and protect my feet. Get the 8's if you can!

• BubZ

Posted February 16, 2005 - 05:07 AM

How good are Alpinestars? I'm still wearing a pair of Tech 7's, yes that's right, most people don't even remember the Tech 7's from the 90's. But I can't just throw them away as they just aren't worn out. They have outlasted 2 dirt bikes and are still holding up fine.

So Alpinestars are definitely worth the money. 4's, 6's or 8's, I don't believe you'll regret the investment.

• GixxerBitch

Posted February 16, 2005 - 06:20 AM

I use Tech 4s and they are as good as anything, one drawback is they piss in water, I just wear Sealskinz with em!

Well comfy though!

• markyjoe

Posted February 16, 2005 - 07:22 AM

My 8s are great. There was barely any break-in period and I hardly notice they are on when riding. Great fit and comfort level.

• ckulzer

Posted February 16, 2005 - 07:25 AM

I own 3 pairs of Sidis. I bought my 1st pair in '98 and I still use them for flat track (my shoe was made to fit them). I have a pair of SRS with sliders for stupidmoto and a pair of the Force TA for off roading. What is my point?

Boots are an investment, much like a helmet. I am too poor to buy cheap and I by Sidi boots. They are well built, comfortable, and the distributor is very helpful. You can buy replacement parts since they don't change the models every year.

I am normally not a shill for products but I believe that Sidi boots are a good value long term.

Ride fast - take chances.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 16, 2005 - 07:55 AM

Sidi Force SRS are fantastic boots. I have 2 pair. I higly recommend them. Great ankle pivot freedom. :)

• Jackazz

Posted February 16, 2005 - 08:01 AM

I like the SIDI design, but when I needed boots I found an absolutely amazing deal on some AS Tech-8's. Now they may be the only dirt boots I've ever worn, but wow are they comfy, took no time to break-in & are like knight's armor for your feet / ankles/ calves. Highly reccomend the Tech-8's. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted February 16, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Tech 8's are an excellent boot. Really comfortable. Sizing is a little small. I have size 11's and I wear a 10 wide in shoes, but I wear thick riding socks and they fit perfectly, even using Asterisk knee braces. :)

• Dirtmizer

Posted February 16, 2005 - 03:31 PM

I use Alpinestars Vectors and I love them they are very comfortable compared to the old, and I mean old AXO boots I used to wear. I would definitely buy Vectors again.

• AHRMA17L

Posted February 16, 2005 - 03:59 PM

I have found that in Boots and helmets, you definitely get what you pay for. the Tech-8 are an unbelievable boot. The Fox Forma's are a good long wearing boot, but for the extra $100 go with the Tech 8.

I know it was not asked about, but the same goes for the Shoei and/or Arai helmets.

If you have been riding for a while you remember the "$10 helmet, $10 head." advertisements. I have found that top of the line gear is worth every penny and more.

• Eric_F

Posted February 16, 2005 - 07:49 PM

I was looking into the Sidi Force, but unfortunately, I have a size 15 foot :'( and they only go up to 13 from what I can see.

So my only options as I see it are the Tech-8s or the Fox Forma Pros, correct?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 16, 2005 - 09:35 PM

I have Oneal Hardwear boots. I got them on closeout for a great price. I have a very wide foot and I love the boots. I had Thor T-30's before. Whoever said you get what you pay for was sure right on that one. I would love some Tech series boots someday, but for now the Oneal are just fine.

• sdracer785

Posted February 16, 2005 - 09:37 PM

I use Alpinestars Vectors and I love them they are very comfortable compared to the old, and I mean old AXO boots I used to wear. I would definitely buy Vectors again.

How does the size on the Vectors compare to your usual shoe size??

• R_Little

Posted February 17, 2005 - 10:25 AM

Tech 8 are great but they are VERY HEAVY boots.
I like the Tech 6's better.
I fit perfectly in size 10 tech 6's but the size 10 Tech 8's I have a a bit too tight.

• kirkw

Posted February 17, 2005 - 11:23 AM

As has been said before, don't skimp on protective gear. I have about 5 rides on my Sidi Force boots now. The pivoting ankles made for no break in period. Very protective and accomodate my asterisk knee braces well.

• ddialogue

Posted February 17, 2005 - 03:09 PM

Sidi Force SRS are fantastic boots. I have 2 pair. I higly recommend them. Great ankle pivot freedom. :)

I'm used to having a steel toe on the front of my boots and I noticed the Sidi Force SRS boots don't have that. How are they holding up on the fronts?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 17, 2005 - 04:34 PM

I have a few cuts and scuffing on the leather but not deep and the plastic sole up front does very well. I really dont see them wearing any faster than other boots. But for guys that are hard on the bottoms these soles change easily for $15.00.
I have never lost the fine thread screws that hold it all togeather. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.