Bent Radiator

6 replies to this topic
  • John_H

Posted August 09, 2001 - 01:56 PM

Fell in the rocks and bent radiator in about 1.5 inches. Not leaking though, so I think I'll leave it for now. Anyone else bent one in like and left it that way without a leak?

John

• WR_Rider

Posted August 09, 2001 - 04:24 PM

Yep, did finally buy a new one though...i was afraid of what would happen the next time i dumped and hit the same spot.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted August 09, 2001 - 05:27 PM

It's amazing how tough the radiators are, I have bent mine back a couple of times on my bikes. I use a 2x4, and a wooden shim, and put the 2x4 against the frame, with the shrouds off, and CAREFULLY pry the reinforcement back to shape. The cooling rows usually follow the end plate back within reason. Invest in some radiator guards!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrpunisher

Posted August 10, 2001 - 08:09 AM

I rode with mine bent and dented in for about 4 months - until the heat of summer started worrying me. Take a look at getting yours fixed before buying a new one. Myler's fixed mine up for $35, and it was quick. Their # is 801-280-8040.

------------------
Chris
99WR400F

• npuzajr

Posted August 10, 2001 - 08:17 AM

My left radiator was bent so bad once there wasnt any gaps between the ribs. I took a screw driver and stuck it through then pulled like hell and it hasnt leaked since.
Its amazing the abuse they will take.

Nick

• Ga426owner

Posted August 10, 2001 - 09:01 PM

Call Mylers Radiator repair. they will fix this thing right & they are very reasonable. They fixed mine for 40$. Phone # in the back of all dirtbike magazines

• John_H

Posted August 10, 2001 - 01:06 PM

Sounds like it'll be okay until I decide to pull it an get if fixed. My buddies coming down next weekend to ride, otherwise I'd send it off this week. Thought about trying to unbend it some, but it'll probably start leaking and postpone my riding.
Thanks for the info
John

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.