YZ needle in a 2005?

4 replies to this topic
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted February 15, 2005 - 12:45 PM

Anyone try the YZ needle in their 05 WR yet? NFLR I believe...Just curious if it would offer more low end snap? Thanks :) I'm currently running a JD needle and all the free mods+more not free mods :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 15, 2005 - 02:04 PM

What is wrong with your current JD jetting set up?
No snap down low? bog? If you are jetted right your bike should snap wheelie from 8 mph idle just by wacking the throttle open. :) Fuel screw position, Pilot jet, Leak jet and needle clip position all play into this set up. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted February 15, 2005 - 02:56 PM

Just bored :p I need to buy twenty needles and jets before returning back to JD's needle. The bike snap wheelies fine through third gear and I'm 220 pounds. :) I like to find reasons to work on the bike, and my wife leaves me alone while I'm working on the bike. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 15, 2005 - 03:35 PM

I got 13 needles in total and have not found anything to beat the triple taper JD needles. I spent the first 3 months rejetting the bike daily trying to learn and tune the infamous FCR carb. :) I would kill for a decent programmable fuel injection system! :)

• Domenic_WRF

Posted February 15, 2005 - 05:13 PM

Ditto..spent six months tuning the FCR on the 400..It was a great learning experience. After it was all said and done, went to JD's blue needle so I could start the bike cold :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.